Vormetric and Coalfire Systems Partner to Provide Half Day Workshops on the Payment Card Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
Demystifying the Digital Dozen: Compliance Strategies & Risk Mitigation, July 27th, Edgewater Hotel, Seattle, WA
SANTA CLARA, CA - July 18, 2006 - Vormetric, a leading provider of security solutions for protecting sensitive data from unauthorized access and PCI Qualified Data Security Company (QDSC) Coalfire Systems, today announced their educational workshop event Demystifying the (PCI) Digital Dozen: Compliance Strategies and Risk Mitigation. An identical morning and afternoon session will be offered. Sessions will take place at the Edgewater Hotel on July 27, 2006 in Seattle, WA.
These sessions are designed for IT Directors, Chief Security and Privacy Officers, CIOs, CFOs and anyone involved with regulatory compliance or security tasks related to credit card data.
Attendees will get first-hand advice from PCI experts on these topics:
- What the "state-of-the-state" of PCI DSS means for you and your business
- "How Tos" that offer practical insights and guidance on implementation of the PCI standard
- Real world best practices on how companies 'process, transmit, and store' cardholder data based on a case study from PEMCO Technology Services (PTSI) CIO Charles Elledge
- The truth about data encryption, access controls to data and the PCI DSS
- Kennet Wesby, CIO and Co-Founder, Coalfire Systems
- Charles Elledge CIO, PEMCO Technology Services (PTSI)
- Dr. Heather Mark, CISSP, Director, Industry Marketing, Vormetric
"Presenting with Visa CISP and PCI QDSC experts like Coalfire Systems and enterprises like PTSI who have been through the PCI compliance, we are able to teach users the items they need to help enable PCI compliance," said Dr. Heather Mark, Vormetric's Director of Industry Marketing.
"Our experience within PCI allows us to provide highly effective security solutions for our clients," said Kennet Westby, CIO/Co-Founder Coalfire Systems. "By partnering with Vormetric, we can help make sure enterprises are fully aware of the important data encryption requirements in the PCI and ultimately help users effectively mitigate risk and achieve compliance."
When: Thursday, July 27, 2006
8:00 am - 11:30 am or 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Where: Edgewater Hotel
2411 Alaskan Way
Pier 67 Seattle, WA 98121
(Valet Parking and breakfast or lunch will be provided) The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is a compliance initiative agreed upon by the payment card industry (Visa USA, MasterCard International, Amex and Discover) that requires best-practice security standards for merchants and service providers that handle payment card information. The standards require on-site audits, self-administered audits, and network scanning by merchants and service providers on various levels according to the volume of transactions each facilitates. As a PCI QDSC, Coalfire Systems is a qualified assessor/auditor for PCI and has successfully certified PCI compliance for hundreds of service providers, merchants, and payment applications.
Vormetric is the leader in data security management and enforcement solutions. Vormetric Data Security provides a centrally managed, high performance, easy-toimplement, distributed solution that solves the pressing compliance, security and risk management challenges facing today’s enterprises and government agencies. Vormetric’s application- and database-transparent solution outperforms other offerings to provide stronger and broader data security at a fraction of the management and implementation cost.
Vormetric’s more than 230 customers represent the world’s most trusted brands in financial services, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, media, energy and telecom industries as well as highly security conscious government agencies.
Vormetric technology has received strong market validation for its innovative approach to data security, including:
- Selection by IBM as the core database encryption solution for DB2 and Inform
- ix on LinuxTM, Unix® and Windows
- Computerworld Technology Innovation Award
- Selection by Symantec to provide the Symantec Veritas NetBackupTM Media Server Encryption Option
- Partnership with Oracle to secure the execution environment for Oracle® Database Vault
- Five patents issued and nine patents pending
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.