Vormetric Extends Its Leading Data Security Platform with Better Integration, Faster Deployment and Advanced Encryption
New capabilities address needs for Cloud Environments, Docker, Hadoop, NoSQL and SQL
SAN JOSE, Calif. – November 12, 2015 – Vormetric, a leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual, big data and cloud environments, today announced a major expansion of the Vormetric Data Security Platform, with new capabilities that expand protections for sensitive data within datacenter, cloud, big data and application environments. Encryption and access control capabilities for Docker, Hadoop, NoSQL and SQL as well as enhanced automation capabilities enable advanced protection against data breaches, while also helping organizations to meet today’s strict compliance and regulatory requirements.
“Encryption is a critical component of a data-centric security strategy to meet data residency and compliance requirements, and to prevent data breaches or theft due to hacking, insider abuse and inadvertent disclosure.” Gartner Research VP Greg Young, Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Protection, 2015, August 11, 2015.
Enterprises are rapidly evolving their IT solution sets. The addition of new platforms and applications—deployed from both internal and outsourced infrastructures—is creating opportunities to drive new levels of scale, efficiency, and productivity. But these new environments come with additional security challenges as cyber threats also continue to grow and evolve. With this major expansion of the Vormetric Data Security Platform, organizations gain advanced data security for traditional data center applications and databases, for newer Docker and Hadoop environments as well as additional capabilities to scale and automate data security implementations.
Better integration and faster deployment:
- RESTful APIs. Accelerate deployment and simplify management of Vormetric solutions with better integration to orchestration and provisioning tools using RESTful APIs
- Up to 250% faster performance with NoSQL. Optimized performance for encryption with Vormetric Transparent Encryption (VTE) when working in NoSQL environments.
- Agent shared secret registration. Enhances business flexibility by enabling better auto-scaling for servers using VTE in dynamic physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Advanced encryption capabilities:
- Advanced data-at-rest security for Docker. VTE now protects data at rest in Docker containers. The solution’s encryption, access controls, and security intelligence logs can now be used to safeguard and control container images and backups, ensuring that they only run in authorized environments.
- Format preserving encryption. Easier deployment of database field-level encryption by ensuring that the encrypted data size matches the existing database field size, avoiding database schema changes.
- Extension of data security access controls for Hadoop. VTE now enables a higher level of security and policy-based isolation within Hadoop environments, delivering granular per-user or per-group access policies to encrypted files or folders within the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) namespace.
“The many advances in functionality and features added to the Vormetric Data Security Platform will help our customers deploy more easily, as well as protect data more completely, in more environments, and with minimal business impact,” said Vice President of Product Management for Vormetric Derek Tumulak. “We believe that Vormetric’s rapid implementation and support of new environments and use cases gives our customers great investment protection, empowering them to safely adopt new technologies and platforms without having to disrupt operations or implement costly new security infrastructure sets.”
All new capabilities will be available in the first quarter of 2016.
Vormetric’s comprehensive high-performance data security platform helps companies move confidently and quickly. Our seamless and scalable platform is the most effective way to protect data wherever it resides—any file, database and application in any server environment. Advanced transparent encryption, powerful access controls and centralized key management let organizations encrypt everything efficiently, with minimal disruption. Regardless of content, database or application—whether physical, virtual or in the cloud—Vormetric Data Security enables confidence, speed and trust by encrypting the data that builds business. Please visit: www.vormetric.com and find us on Twitter @Vormetric.