Vormetric Growth 5X Security Market Rate in Revenue during First Half 2014
— Based on Gartner Reported Worldwide Security Software Market Growth —
SAN JOSE, Calif. – July 24, 2014 – Vormetric, a leader in enterprise security for data-at-rest across physical, virtual and cloud environments, outpaced by five times in the first half of 2014 the 2013 Security Software Market growth as reported by Gartner. The company attributes its growth to a continued increase in enterprise and service provider needs to enable new business models using cloud, SaaS and big data while meeting compliance and regulatory requirements for data-at-rest protection. Today, 1400 customers, 17 of the Fortune 30 and some of the world’s largest cloud service providers protect sensitive data with Vormetric’s data-at-rest protection solutions.
“Driven by fundamental changes in the way enterprises do business, data is now on the move away from traditional data centers to cloud infrastructure and SaaS environments as well as big data analytics implementations,” said Alan Kessler Vormetric’s president and CEO. “Our growth is directly attributable to our strong, cost-effective single platform solution that protects data both within network perimeters and across these extended enterprise environments.”
Additional Vormetric business highlights for the first half of 2014 include:
- Key partnerships with Rackspace and IBM Cloud Marketplace that greatly enhance cloud go-to-market opportunities.
- The launch of Vormetric Application Encryption on the Vormetric Data Security Platform - Extending the platform with powerful capabilities for encrypting data within enterprise and web applications.
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption wins the SC Magazine Award for Best Encryption Solution.
- An enhanced, multi-tier channel program for partners – Reflecting a doubling in channel sales by Vormetric over the past two years and positioning channel partners for success and growth.
- The 2014 Vormetric Insider Threat Report European and Australian Editions detailed the results of a survey encompassing more than 800 IT decision–makers about issues concerning insider threats and compromises of insider credentials.
- Partnered with IBM QRadar for enhanced security intelligence, adding QRadar integration to existing Splunk, HP ArcSight and LogRhythm solutions.
“Our extended enterprise-ready solutions not only meet many compliance and regulatory use cases with a single infrastructure, but also enable organizations to reach past simple compliance to actively identify and combat attacks on their data across their physical environments and big data implementations as well as public, private and hybrid clouds,” added Kessler. “Our customers and channel partners as well as Cloud, SaaS and other service providers see this as a distinct advantage, enabling strong protection, deployment efficiency and low TCO.”
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that span physical, virtual and cloud environments. Data is the new currency and Vormetric helps over 1400 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 30 and many of the world’s most security conscious government organizations, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters — their sensitive data — from both internal and external threats. The company’s scalable Vormetric Data Security Platform protects any file, any database and any application —anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading data security platform that incorporates application transparent encryption, privileged user access controls, automation and security intelligence. For more information, please visit: www.vormetric.com.
Jonathan Mathias / Kasia Murphy
+44 (0)20 7401 7968
VormetricTeam@johnsonking.co.ukVormetric South Korea
+82 2 566-8898
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.