Vormetric, a Thales Company, reports 62% Growth in Bookings during the 12 Months Ending April 30, 85% Growth in the Last Quarter
13X faster than the Gartner IT security software market forecast, continues to accelerate from a growth of 43% the previous year, and 33% the year before that
SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 7, 2016 – Vormetric's Data Protection Platform is now a part of Thales eSecurity, with solutions that lead the market for enterprise data protection of data at rest across physical, virtual, big data, and cloud environments. The Thales acquisition of Vormetric was completed March 17, 2016. Today, we are pleased to announce that Thales eSecurity’s Vormetric platform of products achieved 62% year-over-year growth in bookings over the twelve months ending April 30, and 85% growth in bookings in the last quarter of that period. Growth exceeded by 13X the 2015 Security Software Market growth forecast as reported by Gartner. Bookings growth for the Vormetric Data Protection Platform accelerated from 42% in the previous 12 month period, and 28% in the 2014 calendar year. The company attributes this accelerated growth to:
- New customer opportunities as Thales eSecurity and the former Vormetric organization merge.
- Strong performance from existing Vormetric Data Protection Platform solutions, and strategic new product introductions on the platform.
- Increased recognition of data-centric security as one of the most effective ways to protect data against cyber-theft and attack, one that protects data even when network, anti-virus and other solutions have failed.
- Exceptional expansion in the business through cloud, technology and channel partners.
- Growing compliance and regulatory requirements put in place to address new data threats.
“The threat environment in 2016 is proving to be one of the most dangerous ever, with over 11 million records already breached in 348 incidents,” said Alan Kessler, Thales eSecurity and Vormetric CEO. “Our growth is being driven by organizations that take these new realities seriously. As we’re seeing in market leading enterprises today, an end-to-end approach to protecting data offers the strongest protection for organizations’ sensitive information, and Vormetric solutions are critical elements of this approach.”
Meeting compliance and regulatory requirements while also safeguarding data is a challenge many organizations face. Fortunately, Vormetric’s solutions are built to meet these needs – and more. Through data encryption, tokenization, data access control and data access monitoring, the Vormetric Data Protection Platform protects information across a myriad of environments. With the assurance their data is secure, enterprises are also empowered to securely leverage emerging technologies such as cloud services, big data, containers, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Additional Vormetric business highlights since May 1, 2015 include:
- Product Expansions: Enhancements to the Vormetric Data Protection Platform include advanced data-at-rest security for Docker, format preserving encryption, data access controls for encrypted information in Hadoop, RESTful APIs and performance enhancements of up to 250% for Hadoop. New products introduced include Vormetric Vaultless Tokenization, Caringo support for Vormetric’s Cloud Encryption Gateway and patented Vormetric Live Data Transformation that encrypts data without having to take applications offline.
- Cloud and SaaS Expansion: New Cloud, Managed Services and SaaS partners include HP, DataPipe, VMware, Hosting, Tierpoint, and REAN Cloud. Concurrently, Vormetric increased sales through existing partners such as Rackspace, IBM Cloud Managed Services and CenturyLink Armor and QTS.
- Expanded Engagements with Technology Partners: Vormetric expanded relationships with industry – leading technology partners Cisco, Simplivity and Nutanix (converged infrastructure), Linoma (key management), and SAP HANA, Docker , McAfee, Couchbase, DataStax, Hortonworks and MongoDB (SAP).
- Awards: Vormetric was a finalist for SC Magazine’s Best Database Security Solution, and also won a Frost and Sullivan Global New Product Innovation Award, Intel SIA Partner of the Year Award, GTRA Excellence in Government Data Protection Award and CHN Channel Award for Best Data Protection Solution for Data Stored in the Cloud. On the personnel front, Vormetric’s Mike Coffield was recognized as a CRN Channel Chief for the second year in a row.
- Thought leadership: The 2016 Vormetric Data Threat Report detailed results from a survey of over 1100 IT decision makers about threats to data as well as trends and directions for Data Protection worldwide. Other Vormetric surveys detailed public attitudes toward foreign hacking, backdoors to encryption, data breach fears, and the effect of data breaches on customer loyalty.
- Global Expansion: Vormetric added top tier distributors in Japan (Canon IT Solutions) and Europe (Arrow) to an already strong set of international distribution partners.
“This was arguably one of Vormetric’s most productive years since the company’s inception, what with the acquisition, growth in customers via our enterprise direct business, traditional channel and newer cloud partners, as well as timely, targeted enhancements to the Vormetric Data Protection Platform,” said Kessler. “Looking ahead, we are confident that we will continue to maintain future growth for the Vormetric Data Protection Platform of products, and will continue to integrate Thales eSecurity and Vormetric organizations into a new Thales eSecurity team, becoming the undisputed leader in data protection and digital trust management everywhere data resides. As we move towards this goal, our customers will directly benefit from reduced risk, demonstrated compliance, enhanced agility and the ability to pursue strategic goals with greater confidence, knowing that their data is safe.”
About Vormetric, a Thales company
Vormetric’s comprehensive high-performance data protection platform helps companies move confidently and quickly. Our seamless and scalable platform is the most effective way to protect data wherever it resides—any file, database and application, in any server environment. Advanced transparent encryption, powerful access controls and centralized key management let organizations encrypt everything efficiently, with minimal disruption. Regardless of content, database or application—whether physical, virtual or in the cloud—Vormetric Data Protection enables confidence, speed and trust by encrypting the data that builds business. Vormetric Data Protection was recently acquired by Thales Group and is now a Thales company.
Thales is a global technology leader for the Aerospace, Transport, Defence and Security markets. With 62,000 employees in 56 countries, Thales reported sales of €14 billion in 2015. With over 22,000 engineers and researchers, Thales has a unique capability to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the most complex security requirements. Its exceptional international footprint allows it to work closely with its customers all over the world.
Positioned as a value-added systems integrator, equipment supplier and service provider, Thales is one of Europe’s leading players in the security market. The Group’s security teams work with government agencies, local authorities and enterprise customers to develop and deploy integrated, resilient solutions to protect citizens, sensitive data and critical infrastructure.
Drawing on its strong cryptographic capabilities, Thales is a global leader in data protection and one of the world leaders in cybersecurity products and solutions for defence, critical infrastructure and telecommunication operators, industrial and financial companies. Covering the entire cybersecurity chain, Thales offers a comprehensive range of services and solutions that includes: cybersecurity consulting and testing, cyber-secured software centric system design / development / integration and certification, provision and through-life management of data protection products and services, secured IT outsourcing and cloud computing solutions, as well as managed security services based on our network of Security Operation Centers in France, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Vormetric Media Relations
Thales Media Relations – Security
+33 (0)1 57 77 90 89
Thales eSecurity Media Relations
+44 (0)1223 723612