Vormetric’s 2013 Growth Outpaces Security Infrastructure Market
Vormetric’s Year Highlighted by Product Expansion, Customer and Revenue Growth
SAN JOSE, Calif. – January 29, 2014 – Vormetric, the leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual and cloud environments, today announced continued product expansion, accelerated enterprise ado ption, enhanced market recognition and increased revenue in 2013. Vormetric grew customers by 30% year over year with an expanded global reach, outperformed Gartner’s 2013 industry predictions for revenue growth, and added new product offerings and certifications for Cloud and Big Data.
“2013’s headlines were dominated by security news and Vormetric capitalized on a growing awareness of the need for data security, while accelerating our progress toward becoming the front-runner within this segment,” said Alan Kessler, Vormetric’s president and CEO. “We increased our capabilities to protect data in Cloud environments, added significantly to our product portfolio, integrated our products with leading Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions, certified for Big Data usage and significantly grew our visibility with our Insider Threat report. This growth, and the accompanying expansion in our customer set and revenue, is clear evidence of our success.”
Vormetric business highlights for 2013 include:
- A 30% expansion in customer base to exceed 1300 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 25.
- Additional products to address new markets and capabilities with the introduction of:
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption for AWS within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace. Providing encryption and key management for AWS implementations that enables organizations to meet strict compliance requirements and protect sensitive data.
- Vormetric Vault to enable organizations to overcome the challenges associated with managing increasingly critical digital certificates, encryption keys and other security objects.
- New capabilities and partnerships for Security Intelligence with HP ArcSight and Splunk integrations that enable customers to identify accounts that have been compromised by Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) or malicious insiders.
- Certifications for VCE Vblock Systems and Cloudera that support compliance and regulatory mandates for use of data within Cloud and Big Data environments.
- Key leadership team additions to support rapid growth, including George Chew as Vice President of Asia Pacific, CJ Radford Vice President of Cloud, Sol Cates CSO and Frank Tycksen Vice President of Customer Success.
- Expansion of global reach with new distributors in global markets including COMPUTERLINKS , the leading regional Value Added Distributor (VAD) for Australia, IISI in Taiwan, and Exclusive Networks in Spain.
- Recognition as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America as a member of the Deloitte Fast 500.
- Thought leadership with the “Vormetric Insider Threat Report” – which surveyed more than 700 IT decision–makers and was created with the goal of providing timely, relevant information about issues surrounding Insider Threats and Privileged Users.
Data breaches were continuously in the headlines in 2013. The frequency of breaches and evolving nature of attacks are clearly linked to the fact that organizations have traditionally focused on their network perimeter and end-points, rather than protecting data at the source – in physical and virtual server environments.
“Vormetric’s success in 2013 is a direct result of organizations’ realization that traditional perimeter and end point security is leaving them vulnerable to new attacks, and at risk for loss of protected data”, added Kessler. “Our solutions, partnerships and priorities are on offsetting these new threats with data centric security that protects information at the source. The growth of our organization is directly attributable to market recognition of this problem and the strength of our solutions.”
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that span physical, virtual and cloud environments. Vormetric helps over 1300 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 25 and many of the world’s most security conscious government organizations, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters —their sensitive data —from both internal and external threats. The company’s scalable solution protects any file, any database and any application — anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading Vormetric Transparent Encryption™ that incorporates application transparent encryption, access controls and security intelligence. Vormetric – because data can’t defend itself.
Jonathan Mathias / Kasia Murphy
+44 (0)20 7401 7968
VormetricTeam@johnsonking.co.ukVormetric South Korea
+82 2 566-8898
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc