Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) issues, manages, and validates the digital identities used to bind persons, devices, or services to their corresponding private keys. The validity of each issued certificate depends upon the protection of the CA key issuing the identities.
Breach identification, recovery, and contingency planning are important steps that can be taken to strengthen the security of a PKI. A hardened, high assurance PKI provides an environment that protects security-critical keys from theft and misuse.
Building Trust for Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Strengthens Microsoft identity and access solutions
- Extends the security of Windows Server
- Protects transactions and PKI-enabled business applications
- Delivers robust FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated key protection
- Facilitates compliance with data security regulations