Thales HSMs integrate quickly and easily with Microsoft SQL Server utilizing Microsoft’s Extensible Key Management (EKM).
EKM enables Thales HSMs to provide key management for multiple databases. You can also use Thales HSMs to protect keys used by other applications, such as those employing secure sockets layer (SSL). Thales HSMs safeguard the keys, affording protection from unauthorized access and ensuring the long-term usability of encrypted data.
Protect sensitive data and encryption keys with Microsoft SQL server and Thales nShield hardware security modules.
- Mitigates risk of data breaches
- Separates role of database and security administrator
- Maintains database structure and processes
- Complies with regulations and legislative mandates
- Provides FIPS 140-2 and Common Criteria root of trust