What is the Shared Security Model?
The shared responsibility model is a well accepted tool to help raise awareness that while cloud providers are responsible for the security of the cloud, cloud buyers are responsible for security of their data in the cloud.1
You’re almost certainly responsible for the security of data on your premises and in the cloud. As your workloads migrate to multiple cloud providers, questions you likely will want to address to ensure you are confident in the security of your data in the cloud include:
- Are you in compliance with internal and industry data protection mandates?
- Is your data protected in the event of a subpoena issued to your cloud provider?
- Can you securely move data quickly from one cloud provider to the next?
- Best Practices for Secure Cloud Migration
- Bring Your Own Encryption to the Public Cloud
- Vormetric Data Security Manager (DSM)
- Vormetric Tokenization with Dynamic Data Masking