What Are the Key Requirements of IoT Security?
The key requirements for any IoT security solution are:
- Device and data security, including authentication of devices and confidentiality and integrity of data
- Implementing and running security operations at IoT scale
- Meeting compliance requirements and requests
- Meeting performance requirements as per the use case
Key Functional Blocks
IoT security solutions need to implement the functional blocks listed below as interconnected modules, not in isolation, to meet the IoT scale, data security, device trust and compliance requirements.
- Device Trust: Establishing and managing Device Identity and Integrity
- Data Trust: Policy driven end-to-end data security, privacy from creation to consumption
- Operationalizing the Trust: Automating and interfacing to the standards based, proven technologies/products. E.g. PKI products
Note: This material was drawn from “Healthcare Iot Security Blueprint: Requirements, Components and Guidelines.”