Are There Security Guidelines for the IoT?
A number of organizations have developed security guidelines for the IoT. These include:
- The IoT Security Foundation’s “Best Practice Guidelines”
- The Open Web Application Security Project’s (OWASP) “Security Guidance”
- Groupe Spéciale Mobile Association’s (GSMA) “GSMA IoT Security Guidelines & Assessment”
- The U.S. Department of Commerce National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Special Publication 800-160 (the “Guidance”) on implementing security in Internet-of-Things (“IoT”) devices
- The Cloud Security Alliance’s (CSA) “Future Proofing the Connected World: 13 Step to Developing Secure IoT Products”